This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210601005618/en/
Everbridge Provides Critical Event Management (CEM) Preparedness for State and Local Governments as Above-Average 2021 U.S. Hurricane Season Gets Underway (Graphic: Business Wire)
“When hurricanes strike, communication between emergency managers, first responders, search and rescue teams, and the general population remains vital to saving lives,” said
With an emphasis on lessons learned from 2020 – during which 30 named storms resulted in more than
- Deploy a population-wide opt-in means for the public to receive critical updates and information via their mobile device – provide communities with a quick and easy-to-implement, opt-in solution for citizens to text a keyword or zip-code to an established SMS short-code.
- Contribute to a risk data sharing network that connects the public sector with the private sector – enable government agencies, hospitals, universities, airports, and local businesses to share life-saving information to respond quicker to emergency situations.
- Execute special/functional needs registries – identify at-risk citizens during an emergency to ensure high-priority individuals (i.e., nursing homes, hospitals) receive specialized care.
- Create incident zones by geographic location – trigger mobile emergency alerts from government authorities when an individual travels into, or returns back to, an area designated as an active critical event.
- Maximize outreach with robust database of contacts – to complement opt-in databases, emergency officials turn to the Everbridge Resident Connection database – a robust database of landline, voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) and cellular business and residential contacts to reach the greater population with more confidence.
During the 2020
“We have a mission to ensure public safety, community awareness and emergency response,” said
To bolster its ongoing hurricane preparedness efforts, the
For more information, access the Everbridge Hurricane Best Practices and Preparedness materials, including:
- Severe Weather Checklist
Tip Sheet: Safety Communications During Severe Weather
- Video: Communication Lessons from Hurricane Harvey
Additionally, Everbridge will host a Severe Weather Tabletop Exercise on
Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including but not limited to, statements regarding the anticipated opportunity and trends for growth in our critical communications and enterprise safety applications and our overall business, our market opportunity, our expectations regarding sales of our products, our goal to maintain market leadership and extend the markets in which we compete for customers, and anticipated impact on financial results. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this press release and were based on current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections as well as the beliefs and assumptions of management. Words such as “expect,” “anticipate,” “should,” “believe,” “target,” “project,” “goals,” “estimate,” “potential,” “predict,” “may,” “will,” “could,” “intend,” variations of these terms or the negative of these terms and similar expressions are intended to identify these forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, many of which involve factors or circumstances that are beyond our control. Our actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied in forward-looking statements due to a number of factors, including but not limited to: the ability of our products and services to perform as intended and meet our customers’ expectations; our ability to successfully integrate businesses and assets that we may acquire; our ability to attract new customers and retain and increase sales to existing customers; our ability to increase sales of our Mass Notification application and/or ability to increase sales of our other applications; developments in the market for targeted and contextually relevant critical communications or the associated regulatory environment; our estimates of market opportunity and forecasts of market growth may prove to be inaccurate; we have not been profitable on a consistent basis historically and may not achieve or maintain profitability in the future; the lengthy and unpredictable sales cycles for new customers; nature of our business exposes us to inherent liability risks; our ability to attract, integrate and retain qualified personnel; our ability to maintain successful relationships with our channel partners and technology partners; our ability to manage our growth effectively; our ability to respond to competitive pressures; potential liability related to privacy and security of personally identifiable information; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights, and the other risks detailed in our risk factors discussed in filings with the
All Everbridge products are trademarks of